Martin J. Scott was an American priest of the Society of Jesus of the Roman Catholic Church and author of a number of books, pamphlets, and articles. From 1902 to 1915, Fr. Scott was associated with the Church of St. Ignatius Loyola (New York City) in Yorkville, Manhattan; being in charge of the Altar Boys and the Boy's Choir. In 1905, he took charge of the supervision of the Young Ladies Sodality. In 1910, he directed the construction of a Day Nursery and facilitated the organization of the Ladies Auxiliary Society.