- Welcome to BookRix
- Our Self-Publishing Services
- How to Create an eBook
- How to Read an eBook on BookRix
- My BookRix Account
- The BookRix Community
- Self-Publishing FAQs
- Cost and Registration
- Protection of Minors
- Technical Issues
- Updating Your Information and Technical Support
- Can I sell books that I already have uploaded on BookRix?
- Do I get an ISBN for my book?
- What does “In progress” mean?
- The link (URL) to my eBook is not working and it cannot be found when I search for it on BookRix or an online search.
- Can I edit my book once it's been submitted for sale?
- How long will it take for my book to be available in online shops?
- How do I stop the sale of my book?
- Can I change the price of my book after I have put it up for sale?
- How do I remove a book that I already have for sale?
- Can I publish a book if I am under 18?
- Can I sell a book via BookRix if I already have it for sale with another publishing company?
- Can I sell a single book from an anthology or part of a book?
- Is there a length/word count requirement in order to put my book up for sale?
- My book is listed for sale, but when I click the Reading Sample it displays the entire thing! I don’t want people being able to read it for free.
- Do you accept Public Domain books for publication?
- If I have a book for sale can I use it for a BookRix contest?
- What if I have a book that was created from multiple authors, like an anthology? Can we each get paid out separately from the royalties?
- Do I have to have a PayPal account in order to sell books on BookRix?
- Can my book get rejected by third pary shops, even after BookRix approves it?
- If my book gets rejected for any reason can I make my corrections to that same book and put it for sale again?
- I stopped my book from sale but I still see it listed for sale on Amazon, etc.
- If I decide to remove my book from sale, can I put the same book back up for sale again?
- I noticed that the price of my book is different on some of the outside markets from the price that I set through BookRix. Why is this?
- Can I see how much my book is making from specific markets?
- I know my book has been sold on the external markets but my sales statistics are not reflecting that. Why is this?
- I saw that I earned money with my sold book(s) but why does the amount of money I earned display €0.00 now?
- How do I get paid my royalties?
- When do I get paid my royalties?
- Where do I go if I have questions about selling or buying a book on BookRix?
1. Can I sell books that I already have uploaded on BookRix?
Of course you can. Just make sure that your book is ready for publication. Make sure it’s free of typos, has a high quality cover, a detailed blurb, etc. and then set a reasonable selling price and you’re all set.
Make sure you read through our formatting style guide HERE before putting your book for saleSelf-Publishing FAQs
2. Do I get an ISBN for my book?
Yes, BookRix is the publisher so when you publish your eBook for sale an ISBN will automatically be generated for your book.Self-Publishing FAQs
3. What does “In progress” mean?
“In progress” means you are still working on the book or that you do not want it visible to the public. You must publish the book for sale or offer it for free on BookRix if you wish your book to be visible for public view.Self-Publishing FAQs
4. The link (URL) to my eBook is not working and it cannot be found when I search for it on BookRix or an online search.
One of 2 things can be happening here:
1. Did you publish your book? You must publish your book in order for the book URL link to work properly. Once published, your book can be located using the ‘Search’ function on BookRix or a general search online.
2. If your book is marked with an 18+ (adult content only) age recommendation, your book will only be searchable to registered users who are logged in and have their age of over 18 entered in their profile. Their “Family Filter” must also be turned off to be able to search for 18+ books on BookRix.Self-Publishing FAQs
5. Can I edit my book once it's been submitted for sale?
Yes. Whether your book has been submitted for publishing and is pending BookRix approval or it’s already available for purchase in our online shops, you can still make edits. To do this, log into your BookRix profile and click on your username in the upper right hand side of the BookRix web page. Select ‘My Books’ from the drop down menu and select the book you want to make changes to from this list. Once you have the book pulled up, click ‘Edit Book’. A pop-up window will appear. Follow the instructions and click ‘Request’. An electronic 'edit' request will be sent to BookRix right away. All edit requests will be completed by the end of the following business day. If your book is currently being sold in online shops, it will remain there. Once you have updated and saved your book edits, please submit it for sale. BookRix will then send the newest version to our online shops.Self-Publishing FAQs
6. How long will it take for my book to be available in online shops?
When a book is submitted for sale, it is sent to our BookRix review team for approval. During this process, they will download the ePub file of your ebook and review everything from the book cover to the layout of the book. If your book is approved, it will be sent to our online shops for distribution. Upon the approval of our third party shops, your ebook will be placed in their online store for purchase.
If our review team identifies errors within your submission, they will place your ebook in “revise” mode and send an email to the email address associated with your BookRix account. The email will explain why your book was not approved and outline the issues you will need to fix in order to publish your ebook. If your book is continually resubmitted without changes, we will not longer accept your book for review.
Books submitted to the BookRix review team will be processed within 3-5 business days and sent for distribution. Typically, our online shops will have the approved books listed in their shops shortly thereafter.Self-Publishing FAQs
7. How do I stop the sale of my book?
To stop the sale of your book and remove the book from the shops, yuo must go to "My Books" and click on the tool icon for the book that you want to remove. Click on "Stop Sales". Your book could take about 4-8 weeks to be removed completely from the external market. After 14 days, your book will go back to an "In Progress" mode and you can then make chages to the book or delete it from the site.Self-Publishing FAQs
8. Can I change the price of my book after I have put it up for sale?
Yes! Log into your BookRix profile and click on your username in the upper right hand side of the BookRix web page. Select ‘My Books’ from the drop down menu and select the book you want to make changes to from this list. Once you have the book pulled up, click ‘Edit Book’. A pop-up window will appear. Follow the instructions and click ‘Request’. Your book will be placed in "revise" mode by the end of the following business day. An email confirmation will be sent once your books is ready for changes. When you have been notified that your book is in "revise" mode, simply follow the steps for selling your book in all shops. You will then be asked to set the price of your book. Once you have selected the new price, simply resubmit it for sale. BookRix will review your changes and forward the newest version of your ebook price to our online shops.
Please note that it may take a few days for the new price to be reflected in our online shops.Self-Publishing FAQs
9. How do I remove a book that I already have for sale?
If you no longer want a sale book to appear on your profile, you must stop the sale of your book via the settings tool icon from your book edit page. Once the 14 day waiting period has passed, you can edit your book or delete it from the site.Self-Publishing FAQs
10. Can I publish a book if I am under 18?
Yes. But we require written consent from your parents or legal guardian and a copy of their photo ID to compare signatures and data.Self-Publishing FAQs
11. Can I sell a book via BookRix if I already have it for sale with another publishing company?
Technically speaking, No. Writers cannot publish an identical book with more than one publisher. THe author must make a change to the book to justify a new ISBN being issued and identify the book as a “New edition”. Once this change has been made, the writer can upload and sell their book via BookRix Self-Publishing services.Self-Publishing FAQs
12. Can I sell a single book from an anthology or part of a book?
You can sell anything you wish. Poems, a short story, pieces of an anthology, anything you want to sell. This is up to you, however keep in mind there is a 2000 word minimum required for ebook publication.Self-Publishing FAQs
13. Is there a length/word count requirement in order to put my book up for sale?
Very short books have a tendency to be rejected from external shops because they feel that there is not enough content to justify a cost for the book. We abide by industry standards and currently most online shops require a minimum of 2000 words to publish a book.
Remember, your book blurb is required to be a minimum of 140 (max 3000) characters. This blurb is important to catch the potential readers attention to want to read/buy your book. So use your words! If you're lacking inspiration, take a look at some of the book descriptions of your favorite books written by your favorite authors and see how they did it.Self-Publishing FAQs
14. My book is listed for sale, but when I click the Reading Sample it displays the entire thing! I don’t want people being able to read it for free.
You, as the author of the book, will always have access to the entire book for free. If you wish to see what your book looks like to another users, simply log out of your account and access your book. You will see that only a 10% reading sample is available.
TIP: Keep in mind that if your book is marked with an 18+ age recommendation (adult content only) then you will not be able to get access to your book if you are logged out of BookRix. The system needs to recognize the age of the user, therefore, anyone who is not logged in, is a minor, has their family filter turned on, or doesn’t have the age filled out on their profile will not be able to access a book marked with an 18+ age recommendation.Self-Publishing FAQs
15. Do you accept Public Domain books for publication?
In the past we did. But after careful consideration, we made the decision to discontinue publishing Public Domain books as of June 11, 2014. Please note that all Public Domain works previously published through BookRix will remain unless the sale of these books is stopped by the author. You can still edit, modify and amend existing Public Domain books published through BookRix the same way you always have.Self-Publishing FAQs
16. If I have a book for sale can I use it for a BookRix contest?
No, this won't be possible because once your book is for sale, it is no longer offered to be read for free and therefore, it can only be read by the people who purchased your book.Self-Publishing FAQs
17. What if I have a book that was created from multiple authors, like an anthology? Can we each get paid out separately from the royalties?
Not at this time. BookRix will consider this in the future, but for now only one author can get paid out at one time.
In addition, the author publishing the written work must confirm that they own the rights to all the published stories. The publishing author must also confirm that they have satisfied any claims in financial and copyright matters of the sub authors.Self-Publishing FAQs
18. Do I have to have a PayPal account in order to sell books on BookRix?
Yes, you must have a PayPal account in order to use the self-publishing service on BookRix. If you do not have a PayPal, you must create one prior to using our self-publishing service to sell a book and receive royalties.Self-Publishing FAQs
19. Can my book get rejected by third pary shops, even after BookRix approves it?
Yes, most online stores have their own review team that will time to post books on their site because they go through the all the books to make sure there are no spelling/grammar mistakes and that the quality of the covers are acceptable. They also will double check if the rights of the author are true and that there's no copyright infringement. This is more of a reason to make sure that your book is perfect before deciding to put it up for sale.
In addition, we have stated in our Terms of Service that no offensive material can be sold. Each book that gets put up for sale in the external markets gets reviewed and can be rejected from sale if our Terms of Service are violated.Self-Publishing FAQs
20. If my book gets rejected for any reason can I make my corrections to that same book and put it for sale again?
Yes, of course you can. If your book gets rejected and doesn’t meet the criteria for sale, you will receive an email from BookRix support informing why your ebook was rejected. Your book will then be set to "revise" mode, which means only you as the author can view the book. At that point, you can make your edits/corrections and put your book back up for sale once again for a second review. If your book is continually resubmitted without the necessary changes, we will no longer consider it for review.Self-Publishing FAQs
21. I stopped my book from sale but I still see it listed for sale on Amazon, etc.
Keep in mind that once you stop the sale of your book, it can take 4-8 weeks to be removed from the eBook market.Self-Publishing FAQs
22. If I decide to remove my book from sale, can I put the same book back up for sale again?
Sure you can, but once you stop the sale of your book, you have to wait the 14 day time period in order to put your eBook back on the market.Self-Publishing FAQs
23. I noticed that the price of my book is different on some of the outside markets from the price that I set through BookRix. Why is this?
The price difference could be the Value Added Tax (VAT) but some of the other markets have the ability to change the price of your book. Don't be alarmed. The set margin of your book, established through BookRix, will still be the same.Self-Publishing FAQs
24. Can I see how much my book is making from specific markets?
Yes, you can get an overview in your "Sale Figures" field under "My Account Details". From here you can check out your stats from our more popular shops.Self-Publishing FAQs
25. I know my book has been sold on the external markets but my sales statistics are not reflecting that. Why is this?
If your book was sold on the external markets then it will take about 6-8 weeks for the stats and figures to appear in your "Sale Figures" field. These numbers are updated monthly near the middle/end of each month. For example if your book was purchased in January, you will not see the stats in your BookRix account until the end of March, possibly April. We update the numbers as soon as we receive them.Self-Publishing FAQs
26. I saw that I earned money with my sold book(s) but why does the amount of money I earned display €0.00 now?
Don’t worry. Your monthly earnings can be located in the “Sales and Payments” report section. Towards the middle/end of each month your royalty payout will be displayed in a PDF document under your “Sales and Payments” report. When this occurs, your next earning period begins and the display will read €0.00. The total amount of books sold will always be visible, unless you delete a previously sold book from the site.Self-Publishing FAQs
27. How do I get paid my royalties?
Once you have earned the minimum amount of 10 Euros, approximately $14 US dollars, in royalties from your ebook sales, BookRix will transfer your funds monthly to your PayPal account. If you have not reached the minimum of 10 Euros, approximately $14 US dollar, your royalties will be rolled over to the following month.Self-Publishing FAQs
28. When do I get paid my royalties?
Like most publishers, we work on a 12 week accounting cycle. For example, all the books you sold during the month of June will be paid out (providing the minimum of 10 Euros/approx $14 USD is reached) at the end of September. Books sold in July will be paid out in October, and so on.Self-Publishing FAQs
29. Where do I go if I have questions about selling or buying a book on BookRix?
If you have questions about our eBook self-publishing service, please send an email to our eBook support at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’d be happy to help you out as soon as we can.Self-Publishing FAQs