All Search Results „Major“
- 91429 Words
- Ages 18 and up
- 60676 Words
- Ages 18 and up
- 167 Members
BookRix is a free self publishing platform that offers eBook distribution services to independent writers. Our users can share their writing, connect with other readers and discover new stories and authors – all in one place. Upon registration, a new account profile will be created for you. Your personal profile can be customized to your liking and is equipped with all the tools you will need to create your own eBooks, list your favorite literature, promote yourself as an author and publish your work to major online shops.
Technology is constantly in motion. Over the years it has changed the way we play our music, watch movies and discover new content. The freedom that technology offers has inspired us to create a company dedicated to providing independent writers with the means to publish their work without the restrictions traditional publishing houses impose. With that idea firmly planted in our minds, BookRix was born.
BookRix was the first book community to give their writers a platform to promote and sell their work on the web as a published eBook. In addition, indie reading enthusiasts are given access to a fast growing virtual library filled with unique content to read and share among their reading circles.
BookRix is free - plain and simple. We believe that everyone has a story to tell and with our self-publishing services, writers can fully explore their potential. On BookRix you can:
- Publish your eBooks and take pride in your accomplishment!
- Distribute and sell your eBook on major online shops and earn money
- Learn simple ways to market your eBook and become a successful indie author
- Discover other readers and writers with the same passion
- Search the community for interesting group discussions, writing tips and reading recommendations
- Share your ideas, receive feedback and discuss your books and projects
- Write book reviews and provide quality feedback to aspiring writers
- Share your books with others via email, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Pinterest
- Browse our virtual library for top rated books. New titles are added every day!
Our self publishing services make it easy to turn your book into an ePub file on our site and sell it to the world at no cost. Here are some details worth noting:
- The author contract between yourself and BookRix is clear, easy to understand and can be cancelled at any time
- You receive a minimum of 70% in revenue, from what BookRix earns, on each book that you sell
- An ISBN* is automatically generated for each eBook you submit for publication
- You determine the price or your eBook
- Your eBook will be distributed to major online eBook retailers such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, iTunes, Google Play, and many more, with just one click of a button
- Royalties are paid out every month when the minimum of 10 Euros/approximately $14 US dollars, has been reached
- You can change, edit and add to your book even after it has been placed for sale.
*an ISBN (International Standard Book Number) is a unique number assigned to a book title by its publisher for tracking and ordering purposes
Our free self-publishing services offers writers the opportunity to sell their eBooks in all major online retailers. The 'How to Format your eBook' guide provided here offers simple instructions to create and format an eBook using Microsoft Word. We also provide information on how eBook formatting is different from print formatting.
Almost all of the online retailers we distribute to (Amazon, iTunes, Kobo, Barnes & Noble, Google Play, etc) have standars in place for the ebooks they accept. To ensure your work is accepted into their shop, we recommend that you review our free guidebook to make sure you have everything you need.
We Love Indie Authors!
Click HERE to read through our epub style guide.
Every once in a while, there will be a small contest or writing challenge held in a group. It will either be hosted by BookRix, or by a user. Everyone is welcome to participate, just make sure you pay close attention to the contest guidelines.
Entering a Group Contest
If you are not already a member of the group where the contest or writing challenge is being held, you will first need to join the group. You can do so by going to the group’s page and clicking the Join Group button on the right. Then, scroll down to the submissions thread and enter your submission within the appropriate timeframe and be sure to adhere to the guidelines of the contest.
How to win a Group Contest
There are two ways to judge a contest: (1) A panel of judges, or (2) A Voting thread.
Sometimes group Admins or another type of panel will vote on the submissions instead of the community – creating a panel of judges. In this case, the announcement of the winner(s) will be posted within that group and around the site. Otherwise, a voting thread will be opened once the submissions period is over, if that is how the group contest is being run. You can vote within that voting thread during the time period specified in the guidelines. These types of challenges/contests are fun because they are intended for short writing submissions and don’t last as long as a major contest.
Creating Your Own User Contest in a Group
Feel free to do whatever you would like with your user contest. Anyone can host a user contest, and you don’t need to contact BookRix. If you’re an Admin or Moderator in a group, you can hold the contest there, or you can host the contest on your own profile. You can create your own contest/challenge idea, create your own guidelines, fix your own start and end dates, and provide your own prizes. You can even decide how the winner will be chosen (voting/panel of judges/yourself). Post the information about your user contest in the I Love BookRix Writing Contests group and BookRix will help by promoting your user contest in the sidebar.
Generally, this is how you should run your contest: First, the contest or writing challenge is announced and guidelines are set forth. Then, the entry/submission thread is posted. Make sure you mark the thread as Important (using the settings tool icon) so that it’s easy to find. Submissions can be entered into the thread by adding a comment with a link to your submission or by posting your entry directly in the comments (depending on the contest guidelines).