All Search Results „Writing“
- Short Story
- 2018 Words
- Ages 14 and up
A collection of short stories I write in my Creative Writing class
- Short Story
- 3960 Words
- Ages 16 and up
- 885 Words
- No Age Recommendation
- 12 Members
- 8 Members
- 10 Members
- 30 Members
- 53 Members
Using BookRix is absolutely, positively, unquestionably free of charge. You can create eBooks on our site, sell your books on the external eBook market, make friends to help support you with your writing, join free writing contests, etc., and all of it is 100% free.
First we’d like to congratulate you on writing your book! We understand the hard work involved and would like to commend you on a job well done. Now that you’re ready to move forward, we can guide you through our self publishing process that allows you to sell and distribute your work across the eBook market. Our services are free and simple to use.
Let’s get started!
Every once in a while, there will be a small contest or writing challenge held in a group. It will either be hosted by BookRix, or by a user. Everyone is welcome to participate, just make sure you pay close attention to the contest guidelines.
Entering a Group Contest
If you are not already a member of the group where the contest or writing challenge is being held, you will first need to join the group. You can do so by going to the group’s page and clicking the Join Group button on the right. Then, scroll down to the submissions thread and enter your submission within the appropriate timeframe and be sure to adhere to the guidelines of the contest.
How to win a Group Contest
There are two ways to judge a contest: (1) A panel of judges, or (2) A Voting thread.
Sometimes group Admins or another type of panel will vote on the submissions instead of the community – creating a panel of judges. In this case, the announcement of the winner(s) will be posted within that group and around the site. Otherwise, a voting thread will be opened once the submissions period is over, if that is how the group contest is being run. You can vote within that voting thread during the time period specified in the guidelines. These types of challenges/contests are fun because they are intended for short writing submissions and don’t last as long as a major contest.
Creating Your Own User Contest in a Group
Feel free to do whatever you would like with your user contest. Anyone can host a user contest, and you don’t need to contact BookRix. If you’re an Admin or Moderator in a group, you can hold the contest there, or you can host the contest on your own profile. You can create your own contest/challenge idea, create your own guidelines, fix your own start and end dates, and provide your own prizes. You can even decide how the winner will be chosen (voting/panel of judges/yourself). Post the information about your user contest in the I Love BookRix Writing Contests group and BookRix will help by promoting your user contest in the sidebar.
Generally, this is how you should run your contest: First, the contest or writing challenge is announced and guidelines are set forth. Then, the entry/submission thread is posted. Make sure you mark the thread as Important (using the settings tool icon) so that it’s easy to find. Submissions can be entered into the thread by adding a comment with a link to your submission or by posting your entry directly in the comments (depending on the contest guidelines).
BookRix is a free self publishing platform that offers eBook distribution services to independent writers. Our users can share their writing, connect with other readers and discover new stories and authors – all in one place. Upon registration, a new account profile will be created for you. Your personal profile can be customized to your liking and is equipped with all the tools you will need to create your own eBooks, list your favorite literature, promote yourself as an author and publish your work to major online shops.
Technology is constantly in motion. Over the years it has changed the way we play our music, watch movies and discover new content. The freedom that technology offers has inspired us to create a company dedicated to providing independent writers with the means to publish their work without the restrictions traditional publishing houses impose. With that idea firmly planted in our minds, BookRix was born.
BookRix was the first book community to give their writers a platform to promote and sell their work on the web as a published eBook. In addition, indie reading enthusiasts are given access to a fast growing virtual library filled with unique content to read and share among their reading circles.
BookRix is free - plain and simple. We believe that everyone has a story to tell and with our self-publishing services, writers can fully explore their potential. On BookRix you can:
- Publish your eBooks and take pride in your accomplishment!
- Distribute and sell your eBook on major online shops and earn money
- Learn simple ways to market your eBook and become a successful indie author
- Discover other readers and writers with the same passion
- Search the community for interesting group discussions, writing tips and reading recommendations
- Share your ideas, receive feedback and discuss your books and projects
- Write book reviews and provide quality feedback to aspiring writers
- Share your books with others via email, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Pinterest
- Browse our virtual library for top rated books. New titles are added every day!
We understand that getting your book published is the first step. The second is getting people to read it. Luckily our community is designed to give authors a built-in audience. Being a BookRix member allows you to make new contacts and connections that provide you with valuable feedback on your work. Our community is unique because we offer objective feedback, which can be difficult to obtain from close friends and family.
Most writers would rather not rely on others to be successful. With that in mind, we encourage our authors to use the Self Publishing Services offered at BookRix. Below are some practical marketing tips that can help aspiring authors gain readers and aid in the success of their eBook sales.
Necessities for a successful eBook:
- A tasteful, high quality cover that will grab the reader’s attention
- A catchy or unique title
- Proper and careful editing
- A fair price set to sell
- A descriptive and well written book blurb/synopsis that will entice the reader
Getting the most from our BookRix community
- Maintain an active presence in the BookRix community by participating in group discussion and writing contests. Engage with users by leaving quality reviews and feedback on their work.Personalize your profile to showcase who you are as a writer
- Personalize your profile to showcase who you are as a writer
- Maintain contact with your readers and community members by answering their questions, responding to comments and messages.
Promoting yourself outside of BookRix
- Network with other bloggers within the blogging community. Send out ePub files of your book to interested bloggers so they can review it on their blog
- Organize a blog tour – Have your book visit as many blogs as possible in one month to maximize your visibility.
- Create a YouTube account for your author profile. Organize book trailers, live readings and answer fan questions on your videos.
**For more detailed information, please check out our full length Marketing Guide.