All Search Results „movies“
an exerpt from "The Mars Project"
- Science Fiction
- 1290 Words
- No Age Recommendation
- Short Story
- 44240 Words
- Ages 12 and up
Keywords: short stories
- 554 Words
- Ages 16 and up
- 41216 Words
- Ages 18 and up
- 121 Members
- 31 Members
- 21 Members
- 17 Members
- 25 Members
This is a serious issue and can get you into a lot of trouble. BookRix is protected if a member violates copyright or plagiarism laws. It’s up to you, as a member, to protect yourself from getting sued and paying A LOT of money.
BookRix has been flagged with many members who are in violation. We have also been flagged by the individual authors and artists who have found their own work on BookRix. Some have taken legal action against the members who may have plagiarized their work or have used their art in books and covers.
If BookRix is notified, about books on your profile, that you do not own the rights to, they will be removed immediately. If this offense is continued, your account will be deleted without warning.
Below is what could happen to you if you break copyright laws.
Be smart and protect yourself. It’s your responsibility.
• If you are found guilty of deliberately breaking or "infringing" copyright law, the owner of the copyrighted material can sue you for monetary damages. Damages in this case means the amount of money the owner lost due to a lack of sales of their materials because you were offering it without copyright. For example, if the owner claims and can prove a loss of $15,000, he can sue you for that sum.
• You may also have to pay statutory damages based on the value of each movie, piece of music or other material for which you broke the copyright. "Willful infringement"--meaning that you deliberately stole copyrighted material--can cost you $900 to $300,000 per work stolen. "Innocent infringement," in which you are deemed to have done the copyright breaking without intent, can still cost you $300 to $150,000 in statutory damages.
• Judges can also impose fines on individuals convicted of copyright infringement. According to the Family Entertainment and Copyright Act of 2005, individuals convicted of peer-to-peer sharing of movies, music or other materials worth up to $1,000 in a 6-month period can be given fines of $2,000 per infringement. Convicted individuals can also be banned from file-sharing sites or the entire Internet by injunctions, or orders, from a judge. Repeat offenders, or individuals or companies who are stealing copyrighted materials and selling them for profit, can be fined up to $1,000,000.
BookRix is a free self publishing platform that offers eBook distribution services to independent writers. Our users can share their writing, connect with other readers and discover new stories and authors – all in one place. Upon registration, a new account profile will be created for you. Your personal profile can be customized to your liking and is equipped with all the tools you will need to create your own eBooks, list your favorite literature, promote yourself as an author and publish your work to major online shops.
Technology is constantly in motion. Over the years it has changed the way we play our music, watch movies and discover new content. The freedom that technology offers has inspired us to create a company dedicated to providing independent writers with the means to publish their work without the restrictions traditional publishing houses impose. With that idea firmly planted in our minds, BookRix was born.
BookRix was the first book community to give their writers a platform to promote and sell their work on the web as a published eBook. In addition, indie reading enthusiasts are given access to a fast growing virtual library filled with unique content to read and share among their reading circles.
BookRix is free - plain and simple. We believe that everyone has a story to tell and with our self-publishing services, writers can fully explore their potential. On BookRix you can:
- Publish your eBooks and take pride in your accomplishment!
- Distribute and sell your eBook on major online shops and earn money
- Learn simple ways to market your eBook and become a successful indie author
- Discover other readers and writers with the same passion
- Search the community for interesting group discussions, writing tips and reading recommendations
- Share your ideas, receive feedback and discuss your books and projects
- Write book reviews and provide quality feedback to aspiring writers
- Share your books with others via email, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Pinterest
- Browse our virtual library for top rated books. New titles are added every day!