15 Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes
- 4174 Words
- Ages 10 and up
This cookbook contains 15 delicious slow cooker recipes
like Sweet and Sour Pork, Beef Stew, Turkey Chili, Seafood Delis and Swiss Steak.
Recipe from the cookbook:
SLOW COOKER TURKEY CHILI
Prep/cooking time: 8 hours 10 minutes
Serving yield: 8 to 10
1. Two tablespoons of vegetable oil.
2. Three tablespoons of tomato paste.
3. Three tablespoons of chili powder.
4. One tablespoon of ground cumin.
5. A half teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
6. 3/4 pound of ground turkey.
7. An adequate amount of kosher salt as a seasoning for taste.
8. One (twenty-eight ounces) can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes.
9. Two and a half cups of low-sodium chicken broth and additional for thinning the chili.
10. A quarter cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
11. Two tablespoons of red wine vinegar.
12. One tablespoon of dried oregano.
13. Two (fifteen ounces) cans of strained and rinsed pinto beans.
14. One medium and chopped onion.
15. Two cups of crushed corn tortilla chips and a whole tortilla for serving.
16. Three chopped cloves of garlic.
17. An adequate amount of sliced scallions, shredded Cheddar, sour cream and chopped pickled jalapeno for serving.
1. Place a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and add in the oil. Once the oil is hot, add in the tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne then cook for about two minutes with a regular stir until the oil becomes brick-red in color and the mixture becomes dry. Next, add in the ground turkey and one teaspoon of salt to taste and cook for a few minutes while breaking up the turkey into smaller pieces. Don’t forget to stir until the mixture is fully combined then place into a slow cooker.
2. Next, using the same skillet over medium-high heat, add in other ingredients like the tomatoes, chicken broth, cocoa powder, vinegar, oregano and one teaspoon of salt to taste and simmer for about two minutes while whisking. Add in the tomato mixture, beans, onions, crushed tortilla chips, and garlic into the slow cooker, stir and cook for about six to eight hours on a low setting with its lid covered.
3. Add the rest of the chicken broth to the chili to thin it if desired, add salt to taste then serve the turkey chill with scallions, Cheddar, sour cream, pickled jalapeno, and tortilla chips. Enjoy.
Calories 278.7, Total Fat 8.6 g, Cholesterol 66.6 mg, Sodium 853.9 mg, Potassium 527.9 mg, Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g, Dietary Fiber 9.6 g, Sugars 5.6 g, and Protein 26.0 g. [more]
Keywords: slow, cooker, cooking, recipes, cookbook, crock, pot, crock pot, free, book