All Search Results „writers“
A "must-have" resource book filled with practical online marketing tips for those who have books or other products to sell.
- Business & Economics
- 2 Words
- No Age Recommendation
- 51687 Words
- Ages 18 and up
- 109894 Words
- No Age Recommendation
Washington Irving, Edgar Allan Poe, James Russell Lowell, Bayard Taylor A Book for Young Americans
- 43628 Words
- Ages 18 and up
- 77 Members
- 23 Members
- 4 Members
- 43 Members
- 2 Members
Technically speaking, No. Writers cannot publish an identical book with more than one publisher. THe author must make a change to the book to justify a new ISBN being issued and identify the book as a “New edition”. Once this change has been made, the writer can upload and sell their book via BookRix Self-Publishing services.
BookRix is a free self publishing platform that offers eBook distribution services to independent writers. Our users can share their writing, connect with other readers and discover new stories and authors – all in one place. Upon registration, a new account profile will be created for you. Your personal profile can be customized to your liking and is equipped with all the tools you will need to create your own eBooks, list your favorite literature, promote yourself as an author and publish your work to major online shops.
Technology is constantly in motion. Over the years it has changed the way we play our music, watch movies and discover new content. The freedom that technology offers has inspired us to create a company dedicated to providing independent writers with the means to publish their work without the restrictions traditional publishing houses impose. With that idea firmly planted in our minds, BookRix was born.
BookRix was the first book community to give their writers a platform to promote and sell their work on the web as a published eBook. In addition, indie reading enthusiasts are given access to a fast growing virtual library filled with unique content to read and share among their reading circles.
BookRix is free - plain and simple. We believe that everyone has a story to tell and with our self-publishing services, writers can fully explore their potential. On BookRix you can:
- Publish your eBooks and take pride in your accomplishment!
- Distribute and sell your eBook on major online shops and earn money
- Learn simple ways to market your eBook and become a successful indie author
- Discover other readers and writers with the same passion
- Search the community for interesting group discussions, writing tips and reading recommendations
- Share your ideas, receive feedback and discuss your books and projects
- Write book reviews and provide quality feedback to aspiring writers
- Share your books with others via email, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Pinterest
- Browse our virtual library for top rated books. New titles are added every day!
If you want to stay updated on the latest BookRix news, add our social media channels to your network. As an author it’s important to gain visibility. We encourage our writers to tap into our existing resources to gain readers and fans. Here are our current stats:
Blog - All 500,000+ members in our community have access to our blog
Our free self-publishing services offers writers the opportunity to sell their eBooks in all major online retailers. The 'How to Format your eBook' guide provided here offers simple instructions to create and format an eBook using Microsoft Word. We also provide information on how eBook formatting is different from print formatting.
Almost all of the online retailers we distribute to (Amazon, iTunes, Kobo, Barnes & Noble, Google Play, etc) have standars in place for the ebooks they accept. To ensure your work is accepted into their shop, we recommend that you review our free guidebook to make sure you have everything you need.
We Love Indie Authors!
Click HERE to read through our epub style guide.
We understand that getting your book published is the first step. The second is getting people to read it. Luckily our community is designed to give authors a built-in audience. Being a BookRix member allows you to make new contacts and connections that provide you with valuable feedback on your work. Our community is unique because we offer objective feedback, which can be difficult to obtain from close friends and family.
Most writers would rather not rely on others to be successful. With that in mind, we encourage our authors to use the Self Publishing Services offered at BookRix. Below are some practical marketing tips that can help aspiring authors gain readers and aid in the success of their eBook sales.
Necessities for a successful eBook:
- A tasteful, high quality cover that will grab the reader’s attention
- A catchy or unique title
- Proper and careful editing
- A fair price set to sell
- A descriptive and well written book blurb/synopsis that will entice the reader
Getting the most from our BookRix community
- Maintain an active presence in the BookRix community by participating in group discussion and writing contests. Engage with users by leaving quality reviews and feedback on their work.Personalize your profile to showcase who you are as a writer
- Personalize your profile to showcase who you are as a writer
- Maintain contact with your readers and community members by answering their questions, responding to comments and messages.
Promoting yourself outside of BookRix
- Network with other bloggers within the blogging community. Send out ePub files of your book to interested bloggers so they can review it on their blog
- Organize a blog tour – Have your book visit as many blogs as possible in one month to maximize your visibility.
- Create a YouTube account for your author profile. Organize book trailers, live readings and answer fan questions on your videos.
**For more detailed information, please check out our full length Marketing Guide.