1. Some definitions
First of all, we would like to explain some terms:
- "We " This is the BookRix GmbH & Co. KG, Munich, registered in the commercial register of the District Court of Munich under HR a No. 92039 (more information about BookRix can be found in the imprint).
- "Personal data" means any individual information about the personal or factual circumstances of the user.
- The websites that BookRix offers are called "BookRix websites".
- "User " is any person who calls or accesses the services or offers offered by the BookRix on the BookRix websites.
- ' Registered user ' means any natural or legal person, group of persons, Association of persons, Body, foundation or other legal entity which has completed and submitted the electronic registration form at BookRix
- The personal data that must be entered by the user when registering at BookRix (mandatory fields) is called "Mandatory information".
- The collection of personal data, which is determined by a registered user to be presented to other users together with his user name and the language specified by the user, is called "Profile ".
- ' Partner company ' shall be any natural or legal person, group of persons, Association of persons, Body, foundation or other legal entity which, on the basis of a contractual relationship with BookRix advertising, notices or other Information offers on the BookRix websites.
2. We collect, store, process and use personal data
We collect, store, process and use the personal data of the registered users and other users in compliance with the legal provisions of Germany, which are in particular governed by the German Privacy Act (BDSG), the Tele-Media Act (TMG) and the Telecommunications Act (TKG), and in compliance with the provisions of the European Union on Data protection, the DS - GVO.
3. Which data are collected and processed by us?
We store personal data, i.e. information that allows inferences about the identity of the user. This data includes the following information which the user has made when registering:
- E-mail address
- User name
- Display Name (Display Name)
- Date of birth
- IP address
- Has the terms and conditions been approved?
- Is the newsletter reception desired (with double opt-in)?
Insofar as the user makes additional, optional information in his user account, these are also stored with us. These include:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Company Name
- Contact address (e.g. representative)
- Favorite Quote
For the creation of author credits, we store the user's financial data, inasmuch as he leaves it to us:
- Account number
- Bank name
- Bank Code
- Tax number
- Small Business property
- PayPal account
4.Why do we need your data?
We need this data in order to achieve optimal promotion of your work, to ensure communication, to protect copyright and personal rights and to process payments if necessary.
5.How do we store and use this data?
This data is stored in our company but also in companies, which we have activated to fulfil the tasks under contractual obligation to ensure compliance with the applicable data protection law.
6. Who can access your data?
Only appropriately committed employees of us and our cooperation partners can view your data, as well as tax consultants or lawyers if necessary.
7. Storage of personal data
We retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to provide the services you request or for other necessary purposes, such as fulfilling legal obligations, settling disputes, and enforcing of this agreement.
8. Rights of the persons concerned
You have the right to:
- In accordance with article 15, DSGVO to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can request information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, Deletion, limitation of processing or opposition, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if not collected by us, as well as the existence of an automated decision-making process, including profiling and, where appropriate, information on their details;
- In accordance with article 16 of the DSGVO, immediately request the rectification of incorrect or complete personal data stored by me;
- In accordance with article 17 of the DSGVO, the deletion of your personal data stored by us is to be requested, unless the processing for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfilment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public Interest or for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- In accordance with article 18 DSGVO to require the processing of your personal data, insofar as the correctness of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you reject the deletion and we no longer need the data, but you need to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or they have DSGVO opposition to processing in accordance with article 21;
- In accordance with article 20 DSGVO, your personal data which you have provided us with in a structured, common and machine-read format or require the transmission to another person responsible;
- In accordance with article 7 (3 DSGVO), your once-given consent must be revoked from us at any time. As a result, we are not allowed to continue the data processing based on this consent for the future and
- According to art. 77 DSGVO to complain to a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of stay or workplace or company headquarters.
9. Right of objection
Provided your personal data are based on legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. F DSGVO are processed, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in accordance with article 21 DSGVO insofar as there are reasons which arise from your particular situation or if the opposition to direct advertising Taught. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by me without giving any particular situation.
If you wish to make use of your right of revocation or objection, an e-mail is sufficient: firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Inventory Data.
Your personal data, insofar as these are necessary for the justification, structuring or alteration of the contractual relationship (stock data), are used exclusively for the implementation and processing of the contract. Without your express consent or without legal basis your personal data will not be passed on to third parties outside the contract processing.
On the order of the competent authorities, we may, in individual cases, provide information on stock data to the extent necessary for the purposes of law enforcement, security by the police authorities, to fulfil the statutory duties of the Federal constitutional protection authorities And the countries, the Federal Intelligence Service or the military shielding service or the enforcement of intellectual property rights.
11. Usage data
By order of the responsible authorities, we may provide information on usage data in individual cases, insofar as this is necessary for the purposes of criminal prosecution, to avert danger by the police authorities, to fulfil the legal tasks of the federal and state constitutional protection authorities, the Federal Intelligence Service or the Military Counter-Intelligence Service or to enforce intellectual property rights.
12. How can I prevent access to my data?
You can cancel our contractual relationship as agreed and revoke the storage of your data at any time with effect for the future. Except for the deletion, however, data whose deletion is contrary to statutory or contractual retention periods or which are necessary for the design of the contract or for billing purposes remain.
13. Name and address of the controller
The person responsible for the purposes of the basic data Protection regulation, other data protection laws applicable in the Member States of the European Union and other provisions with a data privacy law is:BookRix GmbH & Co. KG
Tel: + 49 89 414144360
14. Declaration of consent and right of withdrawal of the user
By sending the registration, you agree to the collection, processing and use of your personal data to the extent specified in this data protection declaration. You can revoke your consent at any time in writing or by e-mail to us[email@example.com] with effect for the future.
15. Collection of personal data by BookRix upon registration
As part of the registration process, we collect from you the following personal data: personal password, e-mail address, first and last name, address, date of birth and language. This information is mandatory for registration as a registered user. You must also specify a user name as part of the registration process. In addition, registered users can voluntarily enter some personal data such as gender, origin, profession, messenger data (ICQ, Skype, etc.), personal website URL, self-description, favorite literature, favorite quote and the Add last read book.
16. Collection of other personal data in the use of BookRix
To a certain extent we will also log the movement profile of registered users on the BookRix websites under a pseudonym as well as the use of the various functions of the BookRix websites by registered users and evaluate them for statistical purposes and with regard to whether and how functionality, clarity and user-friendly design of the BookRix portal can be increased and/or improved. Here too, you can revoke your consent to the collection and use of anonymised movement data for us[firstname.lastname@example.org] at any time with effect for the future.
17. Visibility of personal data/profiles by other users
For the other users, the user name and the language specified by the registered user can always be viewed by each registered user. In addition, the location and country of the registered users are also visible on the community page. If registered users voluntarily add further information, data and information and/or a personal picture to their profile and activate these to a certain extent for friends and/or other users, this personal data becomes accessible to these friends and/or other users to the extent determined by the registered user.
18. Personal data in the content you have set
For the transfer or publication of personal data, which are set by registered users or other users in unlocked books, reviews, ratings or profiles and/or are known via groups or forums on the BookRix websites be made or passed on, or data that is made available by the BookRix website via a link provided by a registered user or other user to another website, we are not responsible. Registered users and other users are responsible for any content published or distributed by registered users or other users via the BookRix websites. It is expressly referred to our GTC (https://www.bookrix.com/static/agb_terms.html) in this respect.
19. Use of the email address of registered users
As part of the registration process we need your e-mail address. We use these, on the one hand, to inform registered users on request at certain intervals within the framework of a newsletter about BookRix. This newsletter can be ordered by registered users as an option and then cancelled at any time. The newsletter will no longer be dispatched.
On the other, the e-mail address serves for our contact with you, as far as content that has been hired by the registered user or the other behaviour of the registered user in connection with our offers or services Reason. This is the case, for example, if the registered user unlawfully intervenes in the rights of others or has otherwise acted as inappropriate. Finally, other users can contact the registered user to the extent via the e-mail address, in which the registered user has unlocked his e-mail address for third parties.
20. Use of personal data
We only use your data to enable the use of the agreed services.
21. Use of personal data for the protection of law and order
We also use personal information to ensure that the use of legal provisions is respected, that the rights of users and third parties are respected, and that violations of legal provisions or illegal interventions in the rights of users or third parties to an appropriate extent. However, we do not substantiate any obligation to monitor content.
22. Use of personal data for advertising and information purposes
In addition, we use personal data to specifically inform registered users and other users of advertising measures, notices or other information provided by partner companies of BookRix, if we can assume that the advertised Product is an interest (so-called "targeting"). However, there is no transfer of individual personal data to partner companies.
23. Passing on of personal data due to legal regulations, administrative act or due to claims of third parties
We are also entitled to pass on the personal data collected from the user within the scope of registration to authorities, courts or other public-law institutions if and to the extent that we are required to do so. The same applies if and insofar as third parties have a claim to the disclosure of this data against us.
Cookies are small text files that are stored by your browser and can be used to retrieve certain information while navigating a website or during future visits. We use both so-called first-party cookies, which are created and used by the BookRix website itself, and third-party cookies that are created on our third-party web site. Cookies allow us, for example, to recognize the last language setting used by your browser on our website or to save and read the permissions assigned to your browser or user account in the current session. They also help us to analyze the behavior of visitors to our website in an anonymized way, thus optimizing the website. Cookies only store text sequences that are always anonymous and in most cases encrypted. We do not store personal data in any way in cookies.
In the field of web analysis and advertising we work together with Google. From the data stored in the cookie, Google learns which pages, products, and services have been called to display appropriate ads. Google uses persistent cookies and session cookies. These cookies do not store any personal information. Disabling or deleting these cookies does not in any way affect the functionality of our website.
25. Subscription to our Newsletter
Our website allows you to subscribe to our newsletter. The personal data that is transmitted to the Controller for the purpose of ordering the newsletter results from the input mask used for this.
We will inform you at regular intervals by means of a newsletter about important changes in connection with the contract or about new and recommended books on our platform. In principle, our newsletter can only be received if (1) the data subject has a valid e-mail address and (2) the person concerned registers for the newsletter. For legal reasons, a confirmation e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address registered for the newsletter for the first time in the double opt-in procedure. This confirmation e-mail is used to check whether the owner of the e-mail address has authorized the receiving of the newsletter as the person concerned.
When registering for the newsletter, we store the IP address of the Internet service provider (ISP) of the computer system used by the data subject at the time of registration and the date and time of registration. The collection of this data is necessary in order to be able to understand the (possible) misuse of the e-mail address of an affected person at a later date and therefore serves the legal protection.
The personal data collected as part of an application for the newsletter will only be used to send our newsletter. Furthermore, subscribers to the newsletter could be informed by e-mail if this is necessary for the operation of the newsletter service or a registration in this regard, as in the case of changes to the Newsletter offer or the change of the technical circumstances. The personal data collected within the scope of the newsletter service will not be passed on to third parties. The subscription to our newsletter can be terminated by the person concerned at any time. Consent to the storage of personal data, which the person concerned has granted us for the newsletter, can also be revoked at any time. For the purpose of revocation of consent, a corresponding link is found in each newsletter. It is also possible to unsubscribe at any time directly on the website of the controller of the newsletter or to communicate this to the controller in other ways.
The newsletters, contain so-called web beacons. A web beacons is a miniature graphic that is embedded in such e-mails, which are sent in HTML format in order to enable a log file recording and a log file analysis. This allows a statistical evaluation of the success or failure of marketing campaigns. Using the embedded counting pixel, we can see if and when an e-mail was opened.
Such personal data collected via the Web beacons contained in the mailings are stored and evaluated by us or our contractors in order to optimize the mailing delivery and to improve the content of future newsletters even better to the interests of the Person concerned. This personal data is only used for the described purpose and is never passed on to third parties.
27. Newsletter unsubscription (opt-out)
Newsletter recipients are entitled at any time to object to receiving further newsletters (opt-out). After the opt-out, the address of the media partner in the system is automatically blocked for further newsletters.
28. Using Facebook Social plugins
29. This website uses Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a Web Analytics service from Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", text files that are stored on your computer and which allow you to analyze the use of the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website (including your IP address) is transferred to a Google server in the United States and stored there. Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports about the website activities for the website operators and to provide further services related to the use of the website and the Internet. Google will also transfer this information to third parties if required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of Google. Google will never associate your IP address with any other data from Google. You can prevent the installation of cookies by a corresponding setting of your browser software; However, we would point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website to its full extent. By using this website, you agree to the processing of the data collected about you by Google in the manner described above and for the aforementioned purpose.
30. Note on the use of plista.com services on our domain
31. Collection of Access data
The delivery and presentation of the contents via our website requires technically the collection of certain data. With your access to our website, these so-called server log files are collected by us or the provider of the web space. These log files do not allow you, your company and your person to be concluded. The corresponding information consists of the name of the website, the file, the current date, the amount of data, the WEBROWSR and its version, the operating system used, the domain name of your internet provider, the referrer URL as the page from which you Changed our page and the corresponding IP address. We use this data for the presentation and delivery of our content as well as for statistical purposes. The information supports the provision and continual improvement of our offer. We also reserve the right to examine the aforementioned data retrospectively if there is a suspicion of illegal use of our offer.
32. Server Log Files
The server log files are anonymized data that is collected when you access our website. This information does not make any conclusions about you personally, but is indispensable for technical reasons for the delivery and presentation of our content. Furthermore, they serve our statistics and the constant optimization of our content. Typical log files are the date and time of the access, the amount of data, the browser used for access and its version, the operating system used, the domain name of the provider you are responsible for, the page from which you came to our offer (Referrer URL) and your IP address. Log Files also allow for an accurate check on suspicion of illegal use of our website.
33. SSL Encryption
Our website uses SSL encryption when it comes to the transmission of confidential or personal content of our users. This encryption is activated, for example, in the settlement of payment transactions as well as for inquiries that you send to us via our website. You should make sure that SSL encryption is enabled on your side when you do the appropriate activity. The use of encryption is easy to see: The display in your browser line changes from "http://" to "https://". Data encrypted via SSL is not readable by third parties. Only send your confidential information when SSL encryption is enabled and contact us in case of doubt.
34. Information claims concerning personal data
You have a right to information regarding your personal data in the legal scope. You can assert this right of information at any time with us [email@example.com].
35. Questions and other information
For questions and other information about data protection you can contact us at any time [firstname.lastname@example.org].